My fellow MVP Tommy Skaue wrote a series of Blog posts about upgrade D365 For finance and operations from 7.x to 8.+. On linkedin.
Tommy Skaue wrote
I made a series of blog posts going through the #MSDyn365FO upgrade process from 7.x to 8.+ this week, aiming at the ones who perhaps have less complex upgrade scenarios. I realize some have overlayerings and tons of customizations they need to get ready through a code upgrade process, but maybe my posts can inspire still. Having to manually service the 7.x the next few months, until we all go #evergreen #OneVersion can be avoided if your application and organization is ready to get on 8.+. Take a look and let me know what you think. 🙂
- Upgrade from 7.x to 8.+ series | Post 1 | Start in LCS https://lnkd.in/dYrztCZ
- Upgrade from 7.x to 8.+ series | Post 2 | Deploy Dev and Grab source DB https://lnkd.in/dK3Kp7g
- Upgrade from 7.x to 8.+ series | Post 3 | Validate Code and Data in Dev https://lnkd.in/dY93H3P
- Upgrade from 7.x to 8.+ series | Post 4 | Setup a new Build https://lnkd.in/dennhvH
- Upgrade from 7.x to 8.+ series | Post 4 | Upgrade Sandbox and finally Production https://lnkd.in/dwXtK33