The Traveler’s Gift: Seven Decisions that Determine Personal Success
The book share the story of 40 plus middle age man.
During suicided attempt, he got chance to meet historical figures those give him life lesson.
1. Harry S Truman: the buck stops here -Responsibility for past actions and todays actions, that will effect in future.
2. King Solomon: I will seek wisdom. Seek wisdom, how others are successful. What different skill you need to be succesful.
3. Col. Joshua Chamberlain: I am a person of action. Nothing happen, by goal settings, planning, until you start actions. You should be man of actions.
4. Christopher Columbus: I have a decided heart. When you set goals, you put efforts with full hearted. Decided to achieve something. Then stay, not run away when obstacles comes. Put efforts until, you got final results.
5. Anne Frank: Today I will choose to be happy. Happiness is choice, what ever circumstances, we can still happy.
6. Abraham Lincoln: I will greet this day with a forgiving spirit. People did not meet our expectation. But secret to good mentor, trainer, teacher, leader, father and good husband is forgiveness. Let it go and then start again.
Gabriel the archangel: I will persist without exception. Nothing comes with singe day, Roam, not built in a day. You have to stay consistent. Persistence is key to success.
IF YOU DON’T DO POLITICS, POLITICS WILL DO YOU
Only work is not enough, you have to be political, if you want to get results, in your professional life. Nice to have read this book.
Book is practical guide. Again, change did not happen in a day. You put conscious efforts to get results.
Actually, everything is communication.
The Art Of Dealing With People
CRITICAL THINKING: A Beginner’s Guide To Critical Thinking, Better Decision Making, And Problem Solving
Its time to change, we need to change our thinking about things, plan and why we do things in such a way.
It said that, after 10 years, you need to change the strategy .
We need to think everything critically, Is our approach towards life is good.
Is this approach still workable. If need different results, the way we are doing things still works for us.
Is there any better way to do things.
What is problem.
Is my approach to solve this problem is good.
Is there any better way to solve this problem.
Will this approach still work, which I used 5 years ago.
Is the circumstances are same,
What will be consequences of my thought and actions.
The Corporate Sufi
Self help book, with quotes from different sufi masters like Rumi, tabrazee, Rabia baseri and many more. After reading this I start to see these ancient sufi master more then intoxicated dancer to leader and guiders.
Eyes Wide Open: Overcoming Obstacles and Recognizing Opportunities in a World That Can’t See Clearly
In childhood, we built small believes, these believes did not let us grow. These believes are built by our parents or circumstances to control us.
We have to challenge these believes to get different results. Sight is more then what we saw from eyes, we saw things from our brain. And sight includes, our believes, our world, our experiences. We built our world with our believes.
Some times, what others saw as our weakness but that is actually our strength.
Weakness is actually a hidden strength, if we work on it. Again it will take times. we have to work to build our strength from our weakness.
Story of person who has genetic blindness. Who sight is gradually lost. But he challenge his believes. and build a billions dolor business.