Hello, welcome to this post, In this post I will explain about navigation concept. If we go through the skilled measured PDF released measured by Microsoft it is follow
- Determine when to use Workspace.
So what is workspace.
Workspace is one window to all operations performed by one role. Yes.
As this blog post is notes, So I can copied and paste things from different blogs added reference here.
So According to Microsoft
A workspace is defined as…
- Part of the primary navigation mechanism.
- A form that supports a business activity (a logical group of tasks that make up the work of a target persona).
- A way to provide an initial overview and to increase productivity in the activity by allowing simple tasks to be completed directly in the workspace.
When to use Workspace.
- Provide deeper understanding of his task.
- Without leaving Workspace End user can access all of pages.
- Get Statistics of all operations, for example number of new sales order confirmed. Number of sales order delivered. And Number of Invoices generated.
- Reduce the need of navigation.
If we explore the Customer Payments workspace it will something similar.
Rectangle box which behaves like a menu button. When you click on it, it will leads you to specific page. This contains specific information, that 10 Sales are pending for confirmation, 2 Sales orders are invoiced.
For example Sales Invoice workspace contains Something similar.
List pages. This section contains the list pages For example sales Invoice contains following List Page.
- Invoice past due
- Payments not settled
- Find transactions
One optional link based on Graphs and Charts. Something similar.
Then comes Related links.
This section, contains hyperlinks with in Dynamics 365 for finance and operations which are related to workspace, for example. Sales Invoice workspace contains following links.