I was at client side.
End user did not going to sign off the functionality. He wants a few more changes. All these changes are very nice to have features.
In go live situation it is not possible to accommodate these. If end user or key person would not sign off and as result no go live. When project is not go live. Then there will no payment release.
As result we are failure. We can not modify things at 11th hour. Who do the enhancement, who test it. And if we deliver not tested things in front of client. his trust will be broken.
EPR implementation is very slow process. When project kick off and now on go live.
There are many people both our and client side already left. The best way to handle this situation is signed Functional Requirement Document. If things varies from this document. We would not do that. That reason it is very important to write functional requirement document will be care. I will write another post. How we have to write functional requirement document and what things we need to care. Any how main point is your functional requirement document must be very good and that is the only thing that help us to close things. Specially when we unable to convince end user or key account holder.
Second way is Story telling. How good you are in Story telling. You can convince him easily.
Human mind did not thing straight. Any how point is simple and straight but it did not understand. It understand, what will happen, if we do that.
Remember, Every project failed not technically, it failed financially. In Project management. There are world triple constraint. Time, scope and cost. Any one increase in it will result in increase other two factors. And Same time Quality is increase. And Most interesting point in this triple constraint is Cost.
So we built a story and share him and he understand our point and project goes to next stage which was in our case go live.
These are seven steps we used to built a story.
- A hero ( Certainly a another client )
- Has a problem ( many nice to have features)
- And meets a guide ( Partner in this case we)
- Who offers a solution ( utilize what already we have)
- Call hero to action ( Start to use and go live)
- help them to avoid failure ( Cost increase, more issues comes, requirement increase and as result System will never go live, no body will use it)
- And finish with success. ( They start using the system and we did all those nice to have feature in support. System is in utilization state and it will good in cost saving too).
So what is yours, What you made it help you more client.